Maybe you have noticed it. Privacy is an issue. A bit strange since there are only 16 days left until the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become fully enforceable throughout the European Union.
So before end of May 2018 all organizations that process data of EU citizens must comply with this General Data Protection Regulation. Determining how to design and improve your systems to meet the GDPR is not straightforward. But before you are done it is advised that you perform a view simple privacy tests. Especially on your website(s). Continue reading “Privacy Benchmark your site”
An architecture checklist helps in the governance process. Architecture checklists can become long, complex and time consuming in usage. However the aim with this architecture checklist is that it will help you and all your stakeholders involved in a simple way when you are dealing with architecture quality and risk aspects.
This architecture checklist is composed out of some critical questions that all relate back to the main goal of doing architecture in the first place.
Simple architecture checklist questions:
- Is your main goal covered and reached with this architecture?
- Does the architecture address operability?
- Does the architecture address the following quality attributes:
- Does the architecture address and use principles? E.g. business principles.
- Can implementation risks easily be derived out of your architecture deliverables?
- Are architecture reviews done in a structured way? Architecture reviews SHOULD be performed to increase quality, control costs and reduce risks.
- Is it clear what assumptions are used for your architecture? (Take explicit and implicit assumptions into account!)