An architecture checklist helps in the governance process. Architecture checklists can become long, complex and time consuming in usage. However the aim with this architecture checklist is that it will help you and all your stakeholders involved in a simple way when you are dealing with architecture quality and risk aspects.
This architecture checklist is composed out of some critical questions that all relate back to the main goal of doing architecture in the first place.
Simple architecture checklist questions:
- Is your main goal covered and reached with this architecture?
- Does the architecture address operability?
- Does the architecture address the following quality attributes:
- Does the architecture address and use principles? E.g. business principles.
- Can implementation risks easily be derived out of your architecture deliverables?
- Are architecture reviews done in a structured way? Architecture reviews SHOULD be performed to increase quality, control costs and reduce risks.
- Is it clear what assumptions are used for your architecture? (Take explicit and implicit assumptions into account!)